Natural sleep aids can be an easy way to help you get a peaceful night’s sleep to feel refreshed and ready for the day. Finding the right natural sleep aid to benefit your sleep can be a tricky task. With BetterYou's range of sleep supplements you can tailor your sleep routine to fit your life.
Table of Contents:
- Why Should I Use A Sleep Aid?
- Types of Sleep Aids
- How Magnesium Can Be A Natural Sleep Aid
- 5 Benefits of Melatonin
- 5 Natural Magnesium Sleep Aids
- 7 Symptoms of Sleep Deficiency
Why Should I Use A Sleep Aid?
Sleep aids include any medication taken or techniques practised to help someone sleep. A natural sleep aid is one made from natural ingredients, like herbs or minerals like magnesium. They can help to establish a healthy sleep routine and encourage you to drift off more easily.
Natural sleep aids are a way to help you get a more restful night and feel refreshed. We all know the frustration of tossing and turning in bed, unable to drift off, or even waking up feeling more tired than before. Natural sleep aids like BetterYou’s sleep supplements are waiting to help you.
Wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day with the help of a natural sleep aid. Sleep aids like magnesium can help you sleep by regulating your melatonin levels. In turn this helps you feel more refreshed and full of energy. Good sleep is important to your mental health as well as your physical health. Bad sleep affects more than just your mood and energy levels. Long term sleep deficiency can cause symptoms which affect your health and cause unwanted problems.
Whether you find it difficult to snooze, or not, natural sleep aids can encourage an improved sleep cycle. Perfect for those days where you may struggle to drift off or need to feel more rested before a big work meeting.
Types of Sleep Aids
Sleep aids can be in the form of a medication or similar, to help you drift off more easily. They also include any devices or techniques you may practise or use to help you wind down for a snooze. These may include:
- White noise machines
- Lavender, damask rose, or peppermint pillow sprays
- Meditating or winding down before sleep
- Calming story apps or music
- Orthopedic pillows
Natural sleep aids vary, and may include pill-free sleep aids. Some sleep aids and natural sleep aids include:
- Magnesium supplements
- Valerian root
A natural sleep aid can support your body’s snooze patterns and help you avoid a lack of sleep. Whether you don’t get enough sleep, sleep at unusual times, or don’t drift off well, you can encourage a peaceful night’s sleep with natural sleep aids.
Always check with your medical practitioner or other health professional before taking supplements and sleep aids.
How Magnesium Can Be A Natural Sleep Aid
Magnesium is a mineral responsible for over 300 reactions in the body, such as keeping bones healthy, keeping fatigue at bay, and ensuring muscles remain mobile. Magnesium is an essential nutrient your body needs. It carries out nerve function, immune system support, and keeps your natural energy levels up.
Acting as a sleep aid is just one of the 5 things magnesium does for your health that you may not have known. Magnesium works as a natural sleep aid because it is a muscle relaxant. This helps your body to relax and your mind quieten. Your body and muscles may feel more at peace, which may help you drift off more easily. Magnesium also regulates your production of melatonin. Those who suffer from magnesium deficiency often struggle to sleep. Natural sleep aids can help curb the symptoms of fatigue that come with low levels of magnesium.
6 Benefits of Melatonin
Melatonin is a hormone made by the body which regulates night and day cycles. There are certain factors which affect how much melatonin your body produces. The hormone is produced in the pineal gland in your brain. Melatonin is synthetically made for inclusion in some natural sleep aids. The benefits of melatonin include:
- Sleep deprivation recovery
- Fighting the winter blues
- Combating insomnia
- Supporting your immune system
- Managing blood pressure
- Regulating cortisol levels
Darkness prompts the gland to start producing melatonin to start you winding down for a snooze. Light will inhibit the production so your body knows to wake you and stay awake. If you have to sleep at unusual times for work perhaps, taking a natural sleep aid which helps to regulate your sleep cycles may help you drift off more naturally.
5 Natural Magnesium Sleep Aids
Natural sleep aids can help to settle your mind and body in preparation for bedtime. Including a natural sleep aid like magnesium in your sleep routine. Improving your mineral intake and reducing your risk of sleep deficiency is easier than ever with our range of magnesium natural sleep aids:
- Magnesium sprays - The mineral oil used in our Magnesium Sprays is a concentration of magnesium chloride. Magnesium sprays are a quick and effective natural sleep aid. Designed to be taken on the move, they are an easy pill-free solution to supplementation.
- Magnesium lotions - BetterYou magnesium lotions are easy to use natural sleep aids which can encourage optimal levels of vital minerals. Use them before or after exercise to support bone and muscle health, moisturize and hydrate your skin, quiet the mind to naturally aid sleep.
- Magnesium flakes - Magnesium Bath Flakes are a highly concentrated form of magnesium chloride, a natural form of the mineral. They are an effective way to enjoy the benefits of magnesium chloride in a bath, fully exposing and replenishing the body with this essential mineral. When placed in warm water, the flakes dissolve and absorb into the skin. A great way to relax before bed to help naturally aid sleep.
- Magnesium gel - BetterYou Magnesium Gel uses a targeted application type of natural sleep aid. This gel provides effective mineral absorption ideal for use during exercise to help muscle relaxation, sleep and recovery.
- Magnesium body butter - Our BetterYou Magnesium Body Butter is a deeply rich, intensively moisturizing body butter. This natural sleep aid is formulated to help you feel rested and relaxed while promoting muscle function.
Sleep aids can help to relax your body before bed and promote melatonin production. Knowing how you should take magnesium supplements for sleep is essential for a well rested sleep. Natural sleep aids such as magnesium can help you avoid sleep deficiency.
7 Symptoms of Sleep Deficiency
Sleep deficiency affects more people than you may have known. It is a general health problem which includes those who struggle to get to sleep, sleep at unusual times, or suffer from poor sleep. Waking up tired and unrested is common among those with sleep deficiency. Those who suffer from a lack of sleep are prone to doing strange things like pouring orange juice on their cereal, and so many consider natural sleep aids to help combat these symptoms.
Symptoms of sleep deprivation include:
- Slow thinking
- Short attention span
- Worsened memory
- Difficulty concentrating
- Lack of energy
- Low mood
Natural sleep aids and multivitamins can be a way to avoid vitamin deficiencies and improve your sleep cycle. Sleep aids promote a relaxed evening before bed and may encourage a more well rested feeling when you wake up.